Making a Good Pitch
If you “put your name in the hat” and your name is drawn, you will be asked to give a 5-minute informal presentation about the non-profit you nominated. Having notes is fine, but no PowerPoint slides or handouts. This presentation should be casual and from the heart, but here are some things that you should be prepared to talk about.
Note: There may be multiple nominations for the same organization (i.e., multiple members can put their name in the hat for the same organization), but only one presentation for that organization may be made per meeting.
You have 5 minutes to MAKE YOUR PITCH so COME PREPARED and MAKE IT COUNT
Give A Little Background
- Name, location and history of the organization
- Mission and overall scope of services, demographics served
Describe the Need
- Describe the program or service to be funded and provide some background information
- Describe who the funds would impact and how many might be served by the donation
- Clarify if any of the donation will be used for administrative fees or salaries
- Be very clear on what the money will “buy” for the community
Make it Personal
- Tie in your own personal story about why the organization means so much to you
- End with a very heartfelt request