Who is Eligible to Nominate?
Members who have completed a Commitment Form and followed through on their initial commitment to donate $100 to the non-profit selected at their first Power of 100 People Who Care – Corvallis/Benton County meeting are eligible to nominate and pitch for an organization.
What Non-Profits are Eligible to Nominate?
- The organization must be a non-profit recognized by the IRS as a 501.c.3 organization.
- The non-profit must serve Corvallis and/or a community in Benton County (though it may also serve other neighboring communities).
- Local chapters of national charities will be considered if 100% of the contribution stays in our communities.
- The following are not eligible for nomination: religious groups promoting religious activities, political organizations, organizations operating to support a single individual, organizations with a non-charitable purpose, and organizations that discriminate against individuals on the basis of creed, color, sexual orientation, age, gender, national origin, or veteran status.
- The non-profit must agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with our members’ contact information. If a member notes OPT OUT on their donation, the selected non-profit should not add that person to their donor database or solicit them for future contributions.
- The non-profit that received our group donation is expected to send a representative to our next meeting to give a 5 minute update on how our money was (or will be) used to help our community.
- The non-profit that received our group donation is expected to send acknowledgement to each member about their tax-deductible donation.
- Members must be current on donations in order to nominate.
- Multiple members may put their names in the hat to present for the same organization, however, only one presentation per organization may be made at each meeting.
- The member whose name is “drawn from the hat” is the member who makes the presentation.